If you’re using phpMyAdmin, I would highly recommend you consider an alternative ASAP:
Adminer - http://www.adminer.org/
Why? Let’s go through the laundry list of things that drive me nuts about phpMyAdmin:
- On time-outs, after logging back in, it randomly gives you weird session errors and forces you to log in again.
- It is *slllowww*. Anything over 200 tables seems unbearably slow even on the very latest of hardware.
- Cluttered, overcomplicated UI.
- Only supports MySQL.
- Annoying modal pop-up windows telling you about successes/errors, that always get in the way of the AJAX table value editing.
What does Adminer have to offer?
- An easy to use, clean UI that actually lets you get stuff done.
- It is blazing fast compared to phpMyAdmin or any other db management tool I’ve used.
- Drivers for MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MS SQL, Oracle, SimpleDB, Elasticsearch, and MongoDB.
I particularly like this theme from http://bueltge.de/ for it:
- Theme: adminer